At our practice, dental implants are one of the most common restorative options performed. Many patients are leaning towards this permanent option to g ive them a durable smile that will last for years. Dental implants can last your entire life, and they are one of the most reliable tooth restoration options available to patients.
How Successful Are Dental Implants?
Tips to Ensure your Dental Implants Last a Lifetime
Here are some helpful tips that you can start using t o get the most out of your dental implants:
- Floss daily using an implant specific floss or wax free floss to help keep the area clean and free of plaque. A Waterpik Water Flosser can be used to assist in removing plaque around the implants.
- Use a low abras ive tooth brush such as a soft type brush on your implants.
- Avoid any products, foods, or drinks containing any ingredients that may stain your teeth.
- Anti – microbial rinses can be used to help reduce inflammation and prevent infection.
- Avoid products that contain stannous fluoride, sodium fluoride, or baking soda. These ingredients can make the implants prone to corrosion.
Interested in Dental Implants?
If you are interested in finding out more about dental implants and how they may benefit you, contact us to schedule your consultation as soon as possible.